Malie is LOVING kindergarten. In the mornings she complains, she says she doesn't want to go to school every day (Ha! Welcome to the rest of your life, kid!) but once we're there she's excited and she is always SO happy when she gets home. Even on daycare days. I love seeing her so happy and full of life and energy! I hope she always has this positive, take-on-the-world attitude. She's made a new friend named Sammy. She says they are best friends. Sammy's grandma was talking to me today (she drops her off and picks her up) and said that Sammy had been crying every day last week but since Malie and she have become friends, the tears have tapered off. I'm so happy that Malie could be a friend to someone. I talked to one of the moms who volunteered in the classroom yesterday and I asked how Malie did. We had been talking because we both have 4 year old kindergartners. She has twin girls who don't turn 5 until November! Malie luckily turns 5 next week. Anyway, she said one of her twins was fine and one was really struggling (I guess the struggling one had an IEP like Malie.) So I asked how Malie was yesterday and she said she just seems to have trouble focusing and paying attention, but she noticed that with a few of the kids, including hers. She thought maybe it was because they are younger. But that is a big issue for Malie and hopefully her teacher will work with her on it. But Mrs. Stapleton hasn't said anything to me so I'm assuming she's doing okay. We'll probably hear more at Back To School night on Thursday.
Last day of being a "little girl"!
I have a bunch more pics but for some reason I can't add them....UGH! This is why I never post pis on my blog cause it is just so dang difficult. Am I missing out on an easier way to do this??
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Kindergarten is awesome!
Posted by Melissa & Malie at 2:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment